I am grateful for a day filled with 2 family BBQ events, lots of great food and nice folks; and kids running around and having a ball.
I am grateful for time in the studio today.
I am grateful for a screening of The Dark Crystal I enjoyed with my kids tonight.
- The smell of the tiny bit of rain that fell for the first time in a while.
- Corn on the cob.
- A glimpse of Farley in the rear view mirror on my bike this morning.
- Spotting Cooper be a patient helper to his brother, being careful not to pick anything up or grab anything of Farley’s
- Mini golf for Family fun night.
I am grateful for some quiet time quietly working in my quiet garagenous zone.
I am grateful for leftovers from a weekend of entertainment. Fancy cheese and charcuterie plate for lunch? Don’t mind if I do!
I am grateful for Cooper’s love of the written word. He was going hard tonight to get through the 4th Harry Potter before it was due back at the library.
I am grateful for time spent reading with Farley at bedtime tonight.
I am grateful for time spent with my kids, their cousins, and my brother at the bike park at the Goldstream Campground.
I am grateful for my folks, who took my tuckered out self and my tuckered out boys for dinner tonight.
I am grateful to have all these folks in my life; and I am grateful that they all came out. I am grateful to live in a tourist destination that’s as fun to visit as it is to live in.
My brother and his family are here staying with us. This morning I made eggs Benedict for everyone, Then my folks came and we all went to Elk lake for the afternoon, picnicking, frolicking, and lazing about for a few hours. Finally, my parents hosted a fancy pants dinner at a fancy pants hotel meeting room, and that was a great time. For all of these activities my kids were having an awesome time with their cousins, getting on like a house on fire.
Days like this are what it’s all about; everything good about family, summer, and seafood.
I am grateful for family fun night: my pick. First we had dinner in the backyard, then we went for a walk in Mt. Douglas park, then down to the beach, and finally, to get ice cream. All that, and my parents were there too.
I am grateful for some great work digitally capturing my paintings I had done today. My guy for that is a genius.
I am grateful for supper outside with my parents and family. They are in town for a few days; my boys were pretty dang excited to see them.
I am grateful for:
- Time in the studio.
- A bike ride with Farley.
- A piece of paper I found on the living room floor, that I was about to recycle, that turned out to be Cooper’s list of treasures from a school assignment. His little brother was #1, followed by chocolate, gold, and money, finally his mother and then father. Love that kid. He makes my top 6 treasures list, too.