- An opportunity to chat with my bro while driving him to the airport
- Time at the beach, with kids digging holes in the sand, racing through shallow water, sitting in the sun, and the like.
- Squirting the crap out of everyone on bumper boats equipped with water cannons.
- Playing in an immense playpark.
- Going out for pizza.
- Enjoying roasted marshmallows and kids running around with glow sticks after dark at our fire on the beach.
“It doesn’t get much better than this,” My grandfather used to say at times like this, “and I’m not even sure it EVER gets this good.”